Some things that have been working for me lately:
- Taking notes in class. Not exactly a new idea, but at the age of 23, having spent the last 5 years of college, I arrived at a point where I could no longer succeed in class without paying attention to the lectures, and the only way to keep from zoning out is to stay engaged. So I take notes, good ones, obsessively, and it’s helping me stay on top of my work.
- Drinking water. Better skin, better digestion, better sleep. 8 cups a day is a little excessive, but you need at least 2 or 3 or you’re gonna be gross. If you are already gross, maybe it’s something to look into.
- Getting in the Zone. When it’s time to work and my brain isn’t co-operating, I hit keybr.com for a while. It’s not exactly making me a better typist – I still hit the wrong keys all the time – but it’s just boring and unrewarding enough to pull me away from Hacker News and into the project I should be working on. When I hit a roadblock in the project, instead of Facebooking to distract myself, I go to keybr to give myself room to think. It helps.
Some ideas for posts that I’m getting around to:
- How to stay warm on a motorcycle when you can’t afford proper gear
- The ins and outs of bulding a polo bike
- My adventures in OnClick listener
- All about my latest Android app
I know there’s a couple of people who check around here even when I haven’t posted on the news aggregators, so those few, those loyal, I’d love to know if any of these ideas grab your attention. Heck, I’d love to hear a couple of really well-crafted insults if you’ve got any handy. It’s looking to be a week of hard, hard work. School is tough! Dang! I want to work on my own stuff!
Would you like to receive updates by email?