1. Sunglasses subscription service. $10 for a new pair every week til you find the pair you like, then you just keep them.
2. Urban camo – tents and sleeping bags, cheap, lightweight, intended to blend in with urban scenery, good for street people and backpackers on the cheap.
3. Two speed derailleur – one gear ring for polo/tricks/hills, one for commuting. You have to switch by hand, but it’s super solid and never needs cable adjusting. Use a BMX drive train with tiny rings for best results. 9x28t and 16x28t.
4. Heat seeking electrocuting mouse murder bot. I don’t think this really needs any explanation.
5. A better alarm clock – it gives you a nice kiss on the cheek, instead of making a lot of noise.
6. A tree mount for vices. No table ever seems to be strong enough.
7. Public nap rooms. $5 for an hour on a flat, padded surface, with friendly attendants to watch your stuff and wake you up on time, maybe with a warm cookie or tea.
8. A classifieds web site for remote areas, with a delivery service. No one ever uses Craigslist in Campbell River because the market isn’t big enough to bother. But how about CR + Powell River + Chemainus + Parksville + all those little towns that I can never remember the name of? And a dedicated truck driver in a very small, fuel efficient Honda Acty to run between them?
9. Lobby the government to change tariff/import/tax rules for only, specifically, the port of Sidney, to make it super cheap to import stuff through there. Become merchant overlord of the Saanich Peninsula.
10. Ok, these ideas are starting to get silly. Back to work.
Would you like to receive updates by email?